This is a very special week for me. Number 1 – tomorrow is the day I landed on earth, it’s my birthday oooh yeah, merry jigs. The other reason this week is kinda special is that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Kate Dixon. Thank you.
The Liebster Award is an award for upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Although there is no shiny medal for the mantelpiece, it’s a great way to get to know fellow bloggers.
So lets get started…
• Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
• Answer the questions that the nominator has set for you, and then select 11 questions you nominate people to answer.
• Choose 11 people to nominate and tag them in your post.
• Tell those lucky 11 that you have nominated them.
• Absolutely no tag backs.
My 11 Facts
• I live in Manchester, UK. It’s so rainy and miserable it even has a song…
• “Going back to Manchester, good to see the rain” and that’s all your getting.
• I went to the University of Salford to do Journalism and Broadcasting. I’m now a PR Executive.
• My favourite place in the UK is Huddersfield; it’s a lot more scenic than Manchester. Second to that would be Alton Towers.
• I’m half Ghanaian. I have a lot of family over there and Ghana is my favourite place outside the UK.
• A few years ago I auditioned for Total Wipeout and got through the first round.
• I have a biiig 12 year old goldfish named Gerard (after Gerard Way)…people presume we feed him steroids. We don’t before you call the RSPCA on us.
“Please dont serve me with chips!”
• I LOVE sweets…especially the Rowntrees Fizzy Bottles.
• I spent my childhood playing Tomb Raider and still love it to this day.
• Two places I WILL visit someday are Manhattan, NY and Abu Dhabi.
• My favourite animals are Cats including wild cats and Polar Bears.
My Questions Answered…
Describe yourself in 3 words.
Giddy, clumsy and quirky. Everybody close to can tell you a story or 2 on my clumsiness. Falling backwards into a big plant because I was pushed by 4 year old – yes A CHILD! Missing my mouth and pouring coke all the way down myself – on a date… Face palm…you name it, I’ve done it
Why did you start your blog?
I love writing, its part of my job and I love makeup and beauty – a blog is a good way to entwine the two.
What makes you smile?
Seeing the special people in my life smile, Walt Disney Classics, sweets and suprises.
What is one of your talents?
I don’t see as I have any really. Does knowing all the words to songs/ scripts of Walt Disney Classics count as a talent?
What is your favourite season?
Summer without a doubt. Not that we see much of it in UK, but when the sun does come out it’s a merry jig and Rayban occasion.
What is one piece of advice you would like to share?
Be yourself and live your life how you want to.
What is your favourite candy/ chocolate?
Hmmm now there’s a tough one, I love anything sweet; but if I have to choose a favourite chocolate, I’d have to go with Foucher Paris. All thanks there going to the significant other who got me started on them.
What is one of your pet peeves?
Right now? The hens next door – keeping me awake.
What is your favourite book?
Quite a light read but I really enjoyed Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. It’s the follow up to Devil Wears Prada.
What are your top five makeup/ fashion products/ items?
Another tough one. I have lots and I’m always finding more, but the ones that stick out are:
• Urban Decay Naked Palettes – I know that’s 3, but they are essentially the same product and I love them all equally so they’re going as 1. Sorry.
• Maybelline The Falsies mascara – I don’t think I could ever get enough of this stuff, it makes my lashes thick, long and lasts all day.
• NARS tinted moisturiser- You could fry chips on the oil that radiates from my T Zone. A lot of drugstore BB Creams/ Tinted Moisturisers just add to the oil and/ or turn really cakey on my skin. NARS is the only tinted moisturiser that stays put and keeps my shine away.
• MAC Kajal eyeliner in Brownborder – This is one of the unsung heroes in my make up bag. I love wearing lots of eyeliner, but lots of eyeliner looks like a panda after 2 hours. This stuff doesn’t budge so I don’t have to worry about it for a few hours.
• Oil free moisturiser – This is a lifesaver for my oily T Zone, it controls the shine whilst moisturising and makes a great base for my makeup. My favourites are either the Simple one, or the Boots Tea Tree.
What is one thing on your bucket list?
I’m not going to lie, I would probably deafen all of you with my screams, but I would love to do a sky dive. Although I’m quite clumsy so there’s a very good chance ill somehow get tangled in the parachute.
And that’s my lot…
Phwaarrrr that was a looong post! Having said that it was fun to fill you guys in on things you wouldn’t know about me, it’s also a great way to build up your blogging network and find new blogs to read.
Now its your turn, I nominate…
And here are your questions:
1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
2. What really annoys you?
3. What is your favourite food?
4. Name 3 places in the world you would like to visit?
5. Name one thing that you would love to do but cant?
6. What is your favourite mythical creature?
7. What are the 5 beauty items in your life you couldn’t live without?
8. Why did you start your blog?
9. What are the 2 pieces of advice you would offer to new bloggers?
10. Do you have a ritual before during or after you blog?
11. If you could change the topic of your blog, what would it be and why?
Thank you for reading this guys and I hope you enjoyed it. I will look forward to reading your responses, if you take part, don’t forget to send me a link so I can have a nosy.
I’ll be back with my usual post on Thursday, you’re lucky enough to get 2 posts this week. For now, you’ll find me feasting on birthday cake. Dont worry I’ll save you some ;).
Ciao for now